Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Now

"Remember, I told you that ten years ago," my brother said over the phone the other night and of course, I remember, of course, he was right.  That doesn't bother me.  I am far more in tune with the realization, over time, that advice given to me in the past, that I either ignored out of stubbornness or didn't act upon due to my position of personal growth at the moment of the giving, was often right.  There is no shame in learning this later on.  I am tired of feeling 'shame' or 'foolishness' or any of these other emotionally taxing reactions to the world around me.

     He was right and I was glad to hear it.  It means, that even if it took ten years, I realized what it was he had tried to help me realize so long ago, now and there is nothing more powerful than the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment